Top Tomato Spaghetti with Chicken
with Toasted Almonds, Parmesan & Parsley
Does your love for pasta know no bounds? We’ve got a classic dinner idea (with a few twists) for any pasta pro. Al dente spaghetti, tender chicken, juicy tomato, fresh herbs, lemon zest, and a secret ingredient (wink wink: soy sauce!) come together for a flavor combination that’s hearty, satisfying, and old-school comforting. Just add a sprinkle of Parmesan and crunchy toasted almonds over the top to take things... well, over the top!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Chicken Breast Strips
Chicken Stock Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Dice tomato. Pick parsley leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Zest and quarter lemon. • Heat a large dry pan over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 2 cups pasta cooking water (2½ cups for 4 servings), then drain.
• While pasta cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for almonds over medium-high heat. Add chicken in an even layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Once pasta is drained, heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add sliced onion and a pinch of salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 4-7 minutes. TIP: Add small splashes of reserved pasta cooking water if onion is beginning to brown too quickly. • Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, until darkened and fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in diced tomato, stock concentrate, garlic powder, half the soy sauce (all for 4 servings), 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water (1½ cups for 4), and ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
• To pan with sauce, add drained pasta, chicken, half the parsley, half the almonds, half the Parmesan, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, and lemon zest to taste. Toss to combine. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce. • Taste and season with more lemon juice, salt, and pepper if desired.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Garnish with remaining Parmesan, remaining almonds, and remaining parsley. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.