Quick-cooking chicken cutlets are amped up here with a rich pan sauce, mashed potatoes, and candied bacon Brussels sprouts. The “candied” here refers to brown sugar that’s sprinkled over the bacon, then baked to form a gorgeous caramelized glaze. The dish is finished with a silky pan sauce made with garlic herb butter, rich demi-glace, and tangy sour cream. Served with velvety mashed potatoes, this decadent meal is one for the books.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Garlic Herb Butter(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and place a foil-lined baking sheet on middle rack. (For 4 servings, adjust to top, middle, and bottom positions with 2 foil-lined sheets on middle and bottom racks.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Halve potatoes lengthwise; toss on a second baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Arrange potatoes cut sides down; roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, carefully toss Brussels sprouts on one side of prepared baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper; arrange cut sides down. Add bacon* to empty side; season with salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 prepared sheets; roast Brussels sprouts on bottom rack and bacon on middle rack.) • Roast for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Carefully sprinkle bacon with brown sugar. • Return to oven until bacon is crispy and Brussels sprouts are tender, 10-15 minutes more. TIP: Keep a close eye on the brown sugar to avoid burning! Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees if necessary.
• While bacon glazes, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • During the last 2 minutes of cooking, reduce heat to low and add garlic herb butter; spoon over chicken until coated. • Turn off heat. Leaving butter in pan, transfer chicken to a cutting board.
• Add scallion whites to pan with reserved garlic herb butter. Cook over low heat until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in demi-glace, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and any resting juices from chicken. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in sour cream until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. Chop bacon into small pieces. • Divide potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and chicken between plates. Top chicken with pan sauce and scallion greens. Garnish Brussels sprouts with bacon. Sprinkle with chili flakes to taste and serve.