Chicken Cutlets a l’Orange
with Thyme-Scented Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Green Beans
Treat your taste buds to a trip—no passport required! This riff on a classic French dish—duck a l’orange—features quick-cooking chicken cutlets in a jammy orange sauce. The saucy, savory-sweet meat is paired with thyme-infused mashed potatoes and crisp roasted green beans for a restaurant-worthy meal that’s ready in just 35 minutes from start to finish.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Strip thyme leaves from stems until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings); roughly chop leaves. Save a few remaining thyme sprigs for the next step. Halve orange.
• Place potatoes and reserved thyme sprigs in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. • Carefully remove and discard thyme sprigs. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot off heat. • Mash potatoes with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan (use a large pan for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• While chicken cooks, squeeze juice from orange halves into a small bowl. Whisk in jam, stock concentrate, chopped thyme, half the vinegar (all for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water (¼ cup for 4) until smooth. • Once chicken is done, return same pan to medium-high heat. Pour in sauce and bring to a simmer; cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) and season with salt and pepper. • Return chicken to pan and turn a few times to coat.
• Divide chicken, mashed potatoes, and roasted green beans between plates. Top chicken with any remaining sauce from pan and serve.