Crispy Brussels Sprout & Bacon Flatbreads
with Balsamic Glazed Onion & Rosemary
We’ve got your new favorite flatbread toppings coming in hot, so move over, sausage and peppers! You’ll slather golden flatbreads with tangy cream cheese, then layer on a tantalizing combination of Brussels sprouts sautéed in bacon fat and rosemary-infused caramelized onion with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the flatbreads with crisp, smoky bacon just before serving, and boom! Pizza night just got a mean green upgrade.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Lay flat and thinly slice crosswise into shreds. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion.
• Heat a large dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
• Return pan used for bacon to medium-high heat; add Brussels sprouts in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are dark brown, 1-2 minutes. Stir and season with salt and pepper. • Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprouts begin to wilt, 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate (arrange in a single layer to help them cool faster!). Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add half the rosemary (all for 4 servings); cook, stirring, until fragrant, 10 seconds. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. • Add vinegar, 1⁄3 cup water, and 2 tsp sugar (4 tsp for 4); cook, stirring, until onion is caramelized and jammy, 3-4 minutes, adding splashes of water if necessary to prevent burning. • Stir in wilted Brussels sprouts; taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Place flatbreads upside down (dimpled sides down) on a baking sheet; toast on top rack until flatbreads are golden brown, 1-2 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide flatbreads between two sheets; toast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through toasting.) TIP: Line the baking sheet with foil first for easy cleanup!
• Once flatbreads are toasted, flip over (dimpled sides up) and evenly spread with cream cheese. Top with Brussels sprout mixture and chopped bacon. • Return flatbreads to oven; bake until flatbread edges are golden brown, 5-6 minutes. (Watch carefully so flatbreads don’t burn!)
• Slice flatbreads into quarters. Divide between plates and serve.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.