Farmers Market Shrimp & Scallop Paella
with Green Beans, Bell Pepper, Peas & Scallion Aïoli
Hasta la vista, winter! Give spring a warm welcome with our fresh spin on a festive Spanish rice dish. This paella celebrates peak-season veggies that pair beautifully with sweet, succulent shrimp and scallops tossed in a chili-lemon butter. Charred green beans and smoked paprika lend a hint of smokiness to the rice, nodding to the tradition of cooking paella over an open fire. Green peas go in at the last minute to keep them bright, and a lemon-scallion aioli is drizzled over the dish for a dose of richness. Paella? More like pa-YAY-a!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small bowl; bring to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; halve crosswise. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Heat a large, dry pan over high heat. Add green beans, a small splash of water, and a pinch of salt. Cook until green beans are lightly charred and water has evaporated, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and scallion whites. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir rice, tomato paste, paprika, and ¾ tsp garlic powder (1½ tsp for 4 servings) into pan with bell pepper and scallion whites; cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in 3 cups water (6 cups for 4), stock concentrates, and ¾ tsp salt (1½ tsp for 4). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. (TIP: If liquid evaporates before rice is tender, add a splash more water.) Turn off heat.
• While rice cooks, in a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine scallion greens, remaining garlic powder, 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; microwave until fragrant and sizzling, 30-45 seconds. Uncover and set aside to cool. • Once scallion mixture has cooled, stir in mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • To bowl with softened butter, stir in lemon zest, half the chili powder (all for 4), and ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4). Season with salt and pepper.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Pat scallops* dry with paper towels. • When rice is almost done, heat a drizzle of oil in a second large pan over high heat. Once pan is hot, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, 1-2 minutes. Add scallops and season with salt and pepper; cook until everything is opaque and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat. Stir in chili lemon butter and a big squeeze of lemon juice until melted and combined.
• Once rice is tender, stir in peas and green beans. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with shrimp and scallops and drizzle with scallion aioli. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side. TIP: Serve directly from pan for a family style paella experience!