No need to make a reservation at the fancy chophouse downtown—bring the white tablecloth vibes to your dinner table with this surf ’n’ turf dish. Shrimp and steak are seared to perfection, then drizzled with a luxurious pan sauce of crème fraîche, thyme, lemon juice, butter, and shallot. The iconic duo is paired with lemony roasted green beans, plus potatoes that are mashed with more crème fraîche and topped with crispy fried onions for texture. Our compliments to the chef!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. Halve, peel, and mince half the shallot (whole shallot for 4 servings). Strip thyme leaves from stems until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4), leaving remaining sprigs whole.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain. • Return potatoes to pot and mash with half the crème fraîche (you’ll use the rest later) and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 12-15 minutes. • Top with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest to taste.
• While green beans roast, pat steak* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. • Rinse shrimp* under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board. Wipe out pan. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Heat same pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBSP butter and minced shallot; cook until butter has melted and shallot is softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in demi-glace, whole thyme sprigs, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; remove and discard thyme sprigs. • Stir in remaining crème fraîche until smooth. Add lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Divide potatoes, green beans, steak, and shrimp between plates. Sprinkle potatoes with crispy onions. Spoon creamy lemon thyme sauce over steak and shrimp. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.