Sure, you could have plain chicken for dinner—but why would you, when you can dig into this warmly-spiced version, smothered in creamy paprika pan sauce? Here, cutlets are seasoned with our Tunisian spice blend of caraway, smoked paprika, turmeric, cayenne, and cinnamon, then seared and finished with a generous coating of butter. Green beans mingle with the fond (aka the crispy bits and drippings left by the seared chicken) until crisped and packed with flavor. Meanwhile, jasmine rice steams with the same cozy spices to create a literal pot of gold. All this in 20 minutes? Lucky you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
• In a small pot, combine rice, stock concentrate, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), ¼ tsp Tunisian Spice (½ tsp for 4), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining Tunisian Spice later.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; place in a medium microwave-safe bowl (use a large microwave-safe bowl for 4 servings) with a splash of water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes, then drain.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, as much garlic powder as you like, and a pinch of paprika to taste (add more if you like a smokier flavor). Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with remaining Tunisian Spice, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken is taking longer to cook through, cover pan for the last few minutes of cooking. • In the last minute of cooking, reduce heat to medium and add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan. Once melted, spoon over chicken to coat. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• While chicken rests, remove green beans from bowl; pat dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add green beans; cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until green beans are browned, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in almonds, raisins, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Divide rice, green beans, and chicken between plates. Drizzle chicken with as much creamy paprika sauce as you like. Serve with any remaining sauce on the side.