Savory tofu is the star of this flavor-packed meal. Season, coat, and pan-fry it into crisp, golden nuggets with pillowy-soft interiors, then drape in a tangy-spicy-sweet apricot-harissa glaze. Fragrant cilantro lemon couscous provides a tasty bed to nestle the glazed tofu alongside tender oven-roasted green beans. Finish with a shower of crunchy pistachios and a bright squeeze of lemon for the ultimate vegan dinner idea.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary. Zest and quarter lemon. Finely chop cilantro. Roughly chop pistachios.
• Toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• In a small pot (medium pot for 4 servings), combine couscous, half the stock concentrates, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low; cook until tender, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While couscous cooks, pat tofu dry with paper towels; dice into ½-inch cubes. • In a medium bowl, toss tofu with cornstarch; season generously with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, 3-4 minutes. (For 4 servings, you may need to work in batches.)
• Reduce heat to low; stir in jam, remaining stock concentrates, 1⁄3 cup water, ¼ tsp harissa powder, and a squeeze of lemon juice. (For 4, use 2⁄3 cup water, ½ tsp harissa powder, and juice from half a lemon.) Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1-2 minutes more. • Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in cilantro, lemon zest, juice from half a lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt.
• Divide couscous, tofu, and green beans between bowls. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.