Zucchini & Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
with Grape Tomatoes & Parmesan
What’s not to love about risotto? It’s luxurious, comforting, and never fails to satisfy. With a reputation for being labor intensive—ours couldn’t be easier! This version begins as classic as can be, with rich veggie stock and the addition of sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes. It’s finished with zesty spice-roasted zucchini and grape tomatoes, two perfect contrasts to risotto’s creamy richness. For a finishing touch, everything receives a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. • In a medium pot, bring 5 cups water (8 cups for 4 servings) to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. (You’ll use the hot water in Step 4.) • Wash and dry produce. • Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve grape tomatoes lengthwise. Halve, peel, and finely dice shallot. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes.
• Toss zucchini and grape tomatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use more Tuscan Heat Spice later.) Roast on middle rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 14-16 minutes.
• While veggies roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add rice, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until rice is translucent and garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add 1 cup hot water and stock concentrates to pan with rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until liquid has mostly absorbed. Repeat with remaining water— adding ½ cup at a time and stirring until liquid has absorbed—until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need a little more or a little less water. • Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream sauce base and ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until risotto has thickened and cream sauce has absorbed, 2-4 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Once risotto is done, remove from heat; stir in half the Parmesan and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted and combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Stir in half the zucchini and grape tomatoes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Divide risotto between plates. Top with remaining zucchini and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and serve.