What’s for dinner? Milanese, please! This surprisingly simple cooking method calls for coating thin pieces of meat (chicken, in this case) in Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, then frying until tender and golden. A tangy potato salad makes a hearty side, while a homemade garlic aioli stars in a creamy drizzle over chicken and steamed green beans. Weekend-worthy, while still weeknight-friendly, you’ll whip this meal up with Milan-ease!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Wash and dry produce (except green beans). • Dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Trim and mince scallions. Peel and mince garlic.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until almost tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
• While potatoes cook, in a shallow dish, combine panko, Italian Seasoning, salt (we used 1 tsp; 2 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and place between two large pieces of plastic wrap; pound with a mallet or rolling pin until about ½ inch thick. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Brush chicken all over with sour cream. Working one piece at a time, press chicken into panko mixture until fully coated on both sides.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a pinch of panko mixture sizzles immediately when added to the pan, add coated chicken. Cook until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: Fry in batches if necessary; lower heat if chicken begins to brown too quickly. • AIR FRYER ALTERNATIVE: Coat an air fryer basket with cooking spray; arrange coated chicken side by side in basket. Coat tops of chicken with cooking spray. Air fry at 390 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip chicken and coat again with cooking spray; air fry until cooked through and crispy, 6 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine minced garlic, 2 tsp Italian dressing (4 tsp for 4 servings; you’ll use the rest later), and 2 tsp olive oil (4 tsp for 4). Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 25 seconds (microwave 35 seconds for 4). • Let cool to room temperature, then stir in mayonnaise. Add water 1 tsp at a time until it reaches drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pierce green bean bag with a fork; place bag on a plate. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. TIP: No microwave, no problem! Steam beans in a small pot with a splash of water until just tender, 5-7 minutes. • Transfer to a medium bowl, then toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
• To the pot with potatoes, add scallions, half the mustard (all for 4 servings), remaining Italian dressing, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper; toss until just combined. • Divide chicken, green beans, and potato salad between plates. Drizzle chicken with aioli and serve.