Kale & Farro Bowls with a Fried Egg
with Tomatoes, Guacamole, Feta & Scallion Chimichurri
This hearty and satisfying bowl will surely put some pep into your morning (or noon, no judgment!) saunter to the kitchen. Nutty farro and nutrient-rich kale make a delicious base for topping with charred tomatoes, fried eggs, creamy guacamole, tangy-salty feta cheese, and a punchy scallion chimichurri sauce. Serve with lemon wedges for a sunny spritz and a great way to start the day.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• In a medium pot, combine farro, 4 cups water (8 cups water for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until farro is tender, 25-30 minutes. Drain farro and return to pot; cover to keep warm. TIP: If the water evaporates before farro is done, add a splash of water.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry produce. • Trim and finely chop scallions. Quarter lemon. Peel and mince garlic. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine scallions, 2 TBSP olive oil (3 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of garlic (you’ll use the rest in the next step). Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice or garlic if desired.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add kale; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly tender, 3-5 minutes. • Add remaining garlic and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. • Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over high heat. Add tomatoes and cook, undisturbed, until lightly charred, 1-2 minutes. Stir and cook until tender, 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a plate. • Turn off heat; wipe out pan. Let cool slightly.
• About 5 minutes before farro is done, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium heat. Once hot, crack eggs* into pan and cover. (TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches.) Fry eggs to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
• To pot with drained farro, stir in kale, stock concentrates, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide farro mixture between bowls. Top with eggs, tomatoes, guacamole, feta, and chimichurri in separate sections. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.