We’re big fans of pan sauces because they’re an easy way to make a great dish completely irresistible. Here, butter, garlic, lemon juice, tangy sour cream, and fresh thyme mingle with fond—that’s chef speak for those crispy bits left by seared meat—to create a condiment that you’ll want to drizzle over everything. Speaking of, we’re serving up sides of fluffy jasmine rice and roasted zucchini for maximum dinnertime deliciousness.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and finely chop garlic. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Strip 1 tsp thyme leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Quarter lemon.
• Melt a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, flipping halfway through, until browned and tender, 14-16 minutes. • Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, pat pork* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. (For 4 servings, you may need to work in batches.) • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in same pan over medium heat. Add chopped thyme and remaining garlic; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4); bring to a simmer. • Cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove pan from heat. Stir in sour cream, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, pork, and zucchini between plates. Spoon sauce over pork. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.