We’re always in search of ways to serve the illustrious meatloaf. Here we take inspiration from Italy, and form ground pork and Italian herbs into mini loaves and slather them in balsamic glaze-infused ketchup. Roasted zucchini and carrots are served on herby clouds of ricotta, and drizzled with more balsamic glaze. The deliciously seasoned loaves are tucked in along with crusty garlic bread. Aren’t you glad we kept up our search?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. • Wash and dry produce. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch thick pieces (halve any larger carrots lengthwise first). Set out 1 TBSP butter at room temperature to soften (2 TBSP for 4 servings)
• In a large bowl, gently combine pork, panko, stock concentrate, half the Italian Seasoning, half the garlic powder, salt (we used ¾ tsp; 1½ tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Form mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4 servings) and place on one side of prepared sheet. (For 4, arrange meatloaves across entire sheet.) • Wash and dry bowl used for pork. In same bowl, combine ketchup and half the balsamic glaze (save the rest of the glaze for serving).
• Brush meatloaves with half the ketchup mixture (you’ll use the rest later). • Toss zucchini and carrots on opposite side of baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), a big pinch of salt, and pepper. (For 4, toss zucchini and carrots on a second baking sheet.) • Roast on top rack for 20 minutes (you'll finish cooking meatloaves and veggies in the next step). (For 4, roast meatloaves on middle rack and veggies on top rack.)
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ricotta, remaining Italian Seasoning, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • Once meatloaves have roasted 20 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Brush meatloaves with remaining ketchup mixture. Return to top rack and roast until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, and veggies are browned and tender, 4-5 minutes more. TIP: If veggies are done before meatloaves, remove from sheet and continue roasting meatloaves.
• Halve ciabatta crosswise and toast. • Spread cut sides of ciabatta with softened butter; season with remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper. Halve garlic bread on a diagonal.
• Spread ricotta on one side of each plate; pile veggies over top and drizzle with as much remaining balsamic glaze as you like. Divide meatloaves among plates and serve garlic bread on the side.