Vegan Yucatan-Style Cauliflower Bowls
with Spiced Black Beans & Chipotle Pineapple Mayo
Tangy and fresh, citrus is key to Yucatán’s vibrant cuisine. Our inspired sauce blends lime, orange, and pineapple juices with zesty spices, adding savory and aromatic notes to the cauliflower star of this all-veg dish. It’s served over jasmine rice with spiced black beans and lime-pickled red onions. Sweet, spicy, smoky vegan chipotle-pineapple mayo and a smattering of fresh scallions complete this muy delicioso bowl.
Vegan Chipotle Mayo
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Halve orange. Zest and quarter lime. Cut cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Drain beans. • In a large bowl, whisk together Tex-Mex paste, drained pineapple, half the paprika (you’ll use the rest later), juice from whole orange, and juice from half the lime. Stir in cauliflower until thoroughly coated; set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 20-30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine onion, juice from remaining lime, 2 tsp water, ¼ tsp sugar, and ¼ tsp salt (use 3 tsp water, ½ tsp sugar, and ½ tsp salt for 4 servings). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 30-35 seconds. • Stir pickled onions; cover again with plastic wrap and set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower mixture in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has absorbed, 4-6 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat. Transfer cauliflower to a plate; cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add beans and remaining paprika. Cook, stirring, until fragrant and warmed through, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Meanwhile, add vegan chipotle mayo and half the pineapple juice (all for 4 servings) to a small bowl; stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• When rice is done, stir bean mixture and lime zest into pot; taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice and beans between bowls. Top with cauliflower and pickled onion (draining first). Drizzle with chipotle pineapple mayo and garnish with scallion greens. Serve.