Good news, friends: The path to sweet-and-savory dinner bliss is only 20 minutes away! In this recipe, ground beef and green beans are coated in a sumptuous sweet chili sauce, then topped with fresh cilantro and crispy fried onions. Everything comes together over a bed of fluffy rice. The results? A symphony of flavors and textures so delicious, you might just lick the plate.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise into 2-inch-long pieces. Quarter lime. Pick cilantro leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef*; season with salt and pepper. Using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes. • Break up meat into pieces and continue cooking until beef is cooked through, 2-4 minutes more. TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out.
• While beef cooks, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, add green beans and a splash of water; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. TIP: No microwave? No problem! Steam beans in a small pot with a splash of water until just tender, 5-7 minutes. • Carefully drain any excess water.
• To pan with beef, stir in cooked green beans, chili sauce, 2½ TBSP sweet soy glaze (be sure to measure), ½ tsp sugar, and 1 TBSP butter. (For 4 servings, use 5 TBSP sweet soy glaze, 1 tsp sugar, and 2 TBSP butter.) Cook, stirring, until beef mixture is thoroughly coated, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat and stir in a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with crispy fried onions and chopped cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.