This recipe is proof that a flavorful homemade curry can be just as easy as whipping up a grilled cheese or stir-fry for dinner. Chicken breast and bell pepper strips are seared until browned, then simmered in a creamy, dreamy coconut milk curry with Thai chili sauce and lime juice. Once the curry is thickened, the chicken is full of flavor, and the veggies are tender, it’s time to spoon everything over fluffy cilantro-lime rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and chili flakes for good measure. You can have all that in just 30 minutes—talk about game-changing dinner!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Breast Strips
Coconut Milk(ContainsTree Nuts)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry all produce. • Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lime. Mince cilantro. Thinly slice chili. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat (use a large pan for 4 servings). Add bell pepper and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
• Add chicken, another large drizzle of oil, and a big pinch of salt to pan with bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned, 3-4 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step). • Stir in half the curry powder (all for 4 servings); cook for 1 minute.
• Thoroughly shake coconut milk in container before opening. • Stir coconut milk, chili sauce, stock concentrate, juice from half the lime, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) into pan with chicken mixture. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until sauce is thickened, bell pepper is tender, and chicken is cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Taste and season with salt and more lime juice if desired. Turn off heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest, half the cilantro, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between shallow bowls and top with coconut curry chicken, remaining cilantro, and a pinch of chili if desired. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.