Want your favorite street cart foods without having to track down your fave truck? Our chefs dreamed up just the thing: these turkey street cart–style rice bowls. Each bowl is packed with layers of flavor: buttery turmeric rice with crunchy almonds and scallions, shawarma spiced ground turkey, fresh diced tomato, and not one but TWO sauces. We’re talking classic white sauce and hot sauce. All of that’s served with warmed pita bread. Now all that’s left to do is perfect your dipping technique for the optimal saucy and flavor-packed bite.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Shawarma Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
Whole Wheat Pitas(ContainsWheat)
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings) until combined. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to use in step 5.
• Meanwhile, bring 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Add turkey*, Shawarma Spice, ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrates and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in almonds and half the scallion greens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Toast pitas. Spread with softened butter; cut each pita into four pieces.
• Divide rice between bowls. Top with turkey and tomato in separate sections; sprinkle tomato with a pinch of salt. Drizzle turkey with hot sauce to taste. Drizzle white sauce over bowls; garnish with remaining scallion greens. Serve with pitas and remaining lemon wedges on the side. TIP: If you like, scoop up some of the rice, turkey, tomato, and sauces with the pita and eat it all in one bite!