BBQ Pork & Bean Pita Pockets
with Quick-Pickled Onion & Cilantro
Bring on the summer picnic flavors of slow-cooked pulled pork—ready in a matter of minutes to brighten up lunchtime no matter where you are. Simply fill soft pita pockets with smoky-saucy shredded BBQ pork and beans, along with tangy lime-pickled red onion and fresh cilantro. Checkered picnic blanket is optional (but definitely keep napkins handy!).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Whole Wheat Pitas
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Halve lime. Drain beans. Roughly chop cilantro.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sliced onion, juice from whole lime (both limes for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds; stir to combine. Set aside to pickle.
• Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pulled pork*; cook, breaking up pork into pieces, until warmed through, 2-3 minutes. Add BBQ sauce and beans; cook, stirring occasionally, until pork and beans are coated, 1-2 minutes.
• Meanwhile, wrap pitas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 15-30 seconds; halve crosswise.
• Fill each pita pocket with pork and beans, cilantro, and as much pickled onion as you like (draining first). Divide between plates and serve.
Pulled Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.