Citrus Mojo Pork Tenderloin
with Roasted Carrots, Cilantro Sauce & Garlic Rice
Webster’s defines mojo as, “a magic spell, hex, or charm.” And even though this mojo (pronounced mo-ho) refers to the citrusy Cuban sauce, we think the dish may have similar effects on you. Here, cumin-spiced pork tenderloin is cooked to juicy perfection, then sliced and served over savory garlic rice. On the side, there’s tender roasted carrots. Finally...the sauces. Orange-and-lime-juice-spiked mojo sauce lifts and brightens the dish while creamy cilantro sauce lends a sultry note. Together, it’s a full-blown flavor explosion that’ll have your taste buds singing “Havana-ooh-na-na!”
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sunkist® Cara Cara Orange
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and mince shallot until you have 2 TBSP. Mince or grate garlic. Finely chop cilantro. Halve orange. Quarter lime. • Pat pork* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt, pepper, and ¾ tsp cumin (you’ll use the rest later). • 4 SERVINGS: Adjust racks to top and middle positions. Mince shallots until you have 3 TBSP. Use 1½ tsp cumin.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1½ cups water.
• Toss carrots on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. • Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork;sear, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 4-8 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer pork to empty side of sheet with carrots. • Return to oven until pork is cooked through and carrots are tender, 12-15 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 baking sheets; roast carrots on top rack and pork on middle rack.
• While pork and carrots roast, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, half the cilantro, and a pinch of remaining garlic to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a second small bowl, combine orange juice, stock concentrate, remaining cumin, and ¼ tsp oregano. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for pork over medium-high heat. Add minced shallot; cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Pour in stock mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use ½ tsp dried oregano and 2 TBSP butter.
• Fluff rice with a fork and stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt and pepper. • Thinly slice pork and divide between plates along with rice and carrots. Drizzle pork with mojo sauce. Top carrots with cilantro sauce. Garnish everything with remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Stir in 2 TBSP butter.