Lemon is our go-to ingredient for brightening up any meal, and this dish is positively bursting with citrusy goodness! Seared chicken is drizzled with a creamy, lemon-spiked pan sauce that’d taste good on pretty much anything. On the side, there’s roasted zucchini topped with a crispy Parmesan topping—plus scallion-studded couscous tossed with both lemon juice and zest. When life gives you lemons, you know what to do.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and slice zucchini into ½-inch-thick rounds. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and halve lemon.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, half the Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 14-16 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Tuscan Heat Spice, salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• While chicken cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook until softened, 1 minute. Add couscous; stir until toasted, 30 seconds. • Add ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), half the stock concentrates (you’ll use the rest in the next step), and a pinch of salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Once zucchini is tender, remove sheet from oven. Heat broiler to high. Sprinkle zucchini with panko and Parmesan. Broil until browned and crispy, 2-5 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Heat pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add remaining stock concentrates, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Simmer until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), half the lemon zest, juice from half the lemon, half the scallion greens, salt, and pepper to pot with couscous; stir to combine. TIP: If couscous seems dry, add a splash of water. • Divide couscous, chicken, and zucchini between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with remaining scallion greens and lemon zest and serve.