Szechuan Chicken & Green Bean Stir-Fry
with Ginger Rice & Crunchy Candied Peanuts
Put down that delivery menu! This sweet-savory-spicy stir-fry (say that 5 times fast) has got you covered. You’ll toss tender chicken and green beans in an addictive Szechuan sauce that’s got just the right touch of heat. Everything’s served over steamy, ginger-infused rice, then topped with crunchy candied peanuts. Plus, it’s all ready in just 30 minutes—take that, takeout!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Chicken Breast Strips
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim green beans, if necessary; cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, 1¼ cups water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 2¼ cups water.
• Meanwhile, place green beans in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add a splash of water, then cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. Uncover, drain, and set aside. • Heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar, and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wash out pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp sugar.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for peanuts over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Stir green beans, scallion whites, remaining ginger, and 1 tsp sugar into pan with chicken. Cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until ginger is fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in Szechuan paste, sweet soy glaze, and ¼ cup water. Cook, stirring, until everything is thoroughly coated in sauce, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp sugar and 1/3 cup water. • TIP: If ginger and scallions begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium low.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Taste chicken stir-fry and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with chicken stir-fry. Sprinkle with scallion greens and peanuts. Serve.