There are so many reasons why we love a hearty wrap… but the main one? We get to enjoy our favorite veggies, proteins, cheeses, and sauces, all at the same time. This Greek inspired, veggie-centric version stars one of our favorite ancient grains—chewy, nutty bulgur—then adds Shawarma-spiced and roasted chickpeas, a refreshing tomato-cucumber salad, creamy red pepper hummus, and salty feta cheese. On the side, there’s a tangy vinaigrette for drizzling or dipping each bite.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Shawarma Spice Blend
Greek Vinaigrette(ContainsEggs, Milk)
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with paper towels. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, 2 tsp Shawarma Spice (4 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Be sure to measure the Shawarma Spice—we sent more.) • Roast on top rack until browned and crisp, 18-20 minutes. TIP: It's natural for chickpeas to pop a bit while roasting.
• While chickpeas roast, in a small pot, combine bulgur, 1 cup water, half the harissa powder (use the rest however you like), and ½ tsp salt. (For 4 servings, use 2 cups water, all the harissa powder, and 1 tsp salt.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until water has absorbed and bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. Drain bulgur if necessary, then fluff with a fork.
• While bulgur cooks, wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Dice tomato. Pick and finely chop fronds from dill. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot.
• In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, feta, chopped dill, and as much shallot as you like. Toss with half the Greek vinaigrette (save the rest for serving) and season with salt and pepper.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Place tortillas on a clean work surface and spread bottom third of each with red pepper hummus. Top with a heaping ¼ cup bulgur, ¼ cup chickpeas, and ¼ cup salad. Fold up bottom side of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to create wraps. TIP: For less mess, place each tortilla on a large piece of foil before rolling and wrap up with the foil. Simply unwrap as you eat!
• Halve wraps on a diagonal; divide between plates along with remaining bulgur, chickpeas, and salad. Serve with remaining Greek vinaigrette on the side for drizzling or dipping.