If you thought nachos couldn’t get any more customizable, think again. This week, our chefs have swapped out the typical tortilla chips for... drumroll please... PORK BURGERS (yes, you read that right!). You’ll cover the patties in a gooey cheese sauce, and top them with crispy fried onions and roasted jalapeño. Sweet potato wedges and extra cheese sauce on the side complete the meal. Get ready: there’s no way this is NACHO-favorite dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Brioche Buns(ContainsMilk, Wheat, Eggs, Soy)
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Slice jalapeño into ¼-inch-thick rounds, removing ribs and seeds for less heat.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until lightly golden and almost tender, 15 minutes (you’ll add the jalapeño then).
• Meanwhile, combine cream sauce base and stock concentrate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until steaming, 1 minute. • Whisk in cheddar until smooth and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Microwave 30 seconds more, then stir to combine.
• Once potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Add sliced jalapeño to sheet next to potatoes. • Return to top rack until veggies are tender, 5-10 minutes more.
• In a second medium bowl, combine pork* with remaining Fry Seasoning. Form into two patties (four patties for 4 servings), each slightly wider than a burger bun. Season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-7 minutes per side. • Meanwhile, halve buns; toast until golden. Spread cut sides with 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• Roughly chop roasted jalapeño. Microwave cheese sauce again until warmed through, 30 seconds. Whisk in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and chopped jalapeño to taste. • Fill buns with patties, cheese sauce, and crispy fried onions. Serve with potato wedges and remaining cheese sauce on the side for dipping.