Vegan Tex-Mex Black Bean & Pepper Wrap
with Rojo Rice, Pico de Gallo & Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Craving all the tantalizing flavors and textures of a burrito—minus the meat? Look no further. For this Tex-mex inspired vegan meal, you’ll layer the tortilla with fluffy tomato-scallion rice and Southwest-spiced green pepper-spiked black beans. Next up: fresh pico de gallo, a big drizzle of creamy dairy-free cilantro sauce (plus more for dipping), and a squeeze of lime. Fresh, healthy, and filling in 30 minutes–vamanos!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips. Drain and rinse beans. Roughly chop cilantro. Finely dice tomato. Quarter lime.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and translucent, 30-60 seconds. Stir in rice and half the tomato paste (all for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until rice is evenly coated, 30-60 seconds more. • Add 1 cup water (2 cups for 4), stock concentrate, 1 tsp Southwest Spice Blend (2 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt. (You’ll use the rest of the Southwest Spice later.) Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Turn off heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Add beans, Tex-Mex paste, remaining Southwest Spice Blend, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until filling is combined and thickened, 2-3 minutes.
• In a small bowl, combine vegan mayo, cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add water, 1 tsp at a time, until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. • In a separate small bowl, combine tomato, scallion greens, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Lay tortillas on a clean work surface. Add as much rice, bean filling, and pico de gallo as you like across the bottom third of tortillas. Drizzle with as much sauce as you like. • Fold bottom edge of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form wraps.
• Halve wraps on a diagonal; divide between plates along with any remaining beans, remaining rice, and remaining pico de gallo. Serve with any remaining sauce for dipping and remaining lime wedges on the side.