Your average chicken breast is amped up with a rich pan sauce and flavorful sides like sweet potatoes and candied bacon brussels sprouts. The “candied” here refers to brown sugar that is added to the brussels and bacon and then baked in the oven to form a gorgeous caramelized layer. The dish is finished with a silky, flavor-packed pan sauce, made from garlic butter, our rich demi-glace and tangy sour cream. Served with velvety sweet potatoes to bring it all together, this decadent meal is one for the books.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Garlic Herb Butter(ContainsMilk)
• Place a foil-lined baking sheet inside your oven (2 foil-lined sheets for 4 servings); preheat to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince shallot until you have 3 TBSP.
• Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces; place in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Boil until tender, 15-20 minutes. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain. • Melt 1 TBSP plain butter in same pot. Add scallion whites and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add drained potatoes; mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, toss Brussels sprouts with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper on one side of prepared sheet; arrange cut sides down. Arrange bacon* on opposite side; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle bacon with brown sugar. • Return to oven until bacon is crispy and Brussels sprouts are tender, 10-15 minutes more. • 4 servings: Divide Brussels sprouts and bacon between 2 baking sheets.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. • During last 2 minutes of cooking, reduce heat to low and add garlic herb butter. Spoon over chicken until coated. Turn off heat. Leaving butter in pan, transfer chicken to a cutting board.
• Add minced shallot to pan with reserved garlic herb butter. Cook over low heat until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in demi-glace and ¼ cup water. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in 2 packets sour cream and any resting juices from chicken. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 servings: Use 4 packets sour cream.
• Stir remaining sour cream into mashed potatoes. Add reserved potato cooking liquid, a splash at a time, until creamy. • Slice chicken crosswise. Crumble or chop bacon into small pieces.
• Divide Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes between plates. Top potatoes with chicken and sauce. • Garnish chicken with scallion greens. Garnish Brussels sprouts with bacon. Sprinkle everything with chili flakes to taste.