In our humble opinion, flatbreads > pizza, any day! We know that may sound blasphemous, but stick with us. First of all, the golden, crispy crust is a veritable blank canvas. It’s not beholden to your standard marinara and mozz. In fact, ours is topped with pillowy ricotta, spiced chicken sausage, crispy-edged roasted broccoli, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of chili flakes. Can your ’za do that?! Yeah, we didn’t think so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into small pieces (they should fit neatly on the flatbreads). • 4 SERVINGS: Adjust racks to top and middle positions.
• Toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until bright green and slightly crispy, 12-15 minutes. • Transfer roasted broccoli to a small bowl.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• While sausage cooks, in a second small bowl, mix ricotta with ½ tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp olive oil.
• Once broccoli is done, place flatbreads on same sheet. • Evenly spread flatbreads with ricotta, then top with broccoli and sausage. • Bake on top rack until edges are golden brown, 8-10 minutes. • 4 SERVINGS: Divide flatbreads between 2 sheets; bake on top and middle racks. • TIP: For crispier flatbreads, bake 2-4 minutes more.
• Transfer flatbreads to a cutting board and slice into pieces. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chili flakes to taste. Divide between plates and serve.