Mozzarella & Herb Chicken
with Roasted Carrots & Buttery Couscous
Not much else beats crunchy panko-coated chicken, but luckily, our chefs were up to the challenge. They went and made it 63x more delicious (a scientific number) by adding mozzarella and our Italian Seasoning to the crunchy coating. And while the chicken is the main event, the sides play excellent support roles. We’re serving up savory, buttery couscous and tender roasted carrots. The best part? Everything comes together in just 30 minutes! Talk about a weeknight win.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Zest and quarter lemon.
• In a medium bowl, combine panko, mozzarella, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), salt, and pepper. (Be sure to measure the Italian Seasoning; we sent more.) • Toss carrots on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a pinch of chili flakes to taste. (For 4, spread carrots out across entire baking sheet.) • Roast on top rack for 5 minutes (you’ll add the chicken to the baking sheet then).
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Evenly spread sour cream onto tops of chicken, then mound with panko mixture, pressing firmly to adhere (no need to coat the undersides).
• Once carrots have roasted 5 minutes, remove sheet from oven and carefully place chicken on empty side. (For 4 servings, leave carrots roasting and add chicken to a second baking sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until chicken is golden brown and cooked through and carrots are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes. TIP: If carrots are done before chicken, remove from oven and continue roasting chicken.
• While carrots and chicken roast, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add couscous and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until toasted, 2-3 minutes. • Add ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4) and stock concentrate. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. • Turn off heat. Drain any excess liquid if necessary.
• Once chicken is done, stir 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) into couscous until melted. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice to taste; season with salt and pepper. • Divide couscous, chicken, and carrots between plates. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.