Tuscan-Spiced Chicken & Cheesy Broccoli
with Garlic-Tomato Pan Sauce & Roasted Carrots
For a magical “wow, I think I love broccoli” moment, whip up this Tuscan-spiced chicken dinner! Creamy garlic-tomato sauce tops chicken for extra flair and umami, while roasted broccoli is served on the side, topped with Monterey Jack for a gratifying, melty cheese-pull finish. Tender roasted carrots round out the meal. It’s saucy, savory, and all-around satisfying!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into 1⁄2-inch-thick pieces. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Dice tomato into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
• Toss carrots on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack for 5 minutes (you’ll add the broccoli then).
• Once carrots have roasted 5 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully toss broccoli on empty side with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4, toss broccoli on a second baking sheet; roast broccoli on top rack and carrots on middle rack.) • Return sheet to top rack and roast until veggies are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with 1⁄2 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. (TIP: if chicken starts to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium and add a splash or two of water.) • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and tomato. Cook, stirring, until fragrant and softened, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in cream cheese, stock concentrate, half the Monterey Jack, 1⁄2 cup water (1 cup for 4 servings), and a pinch of Tuscan Heat Spice (we used 1⁄4 tsp; about 1⁄3 tsp for 4) until melted and combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, 1-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• When veggies are almost done, remove sheet from oven. Carefully push broccoli into two bunches on sheet and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack (for 4 servings, remove sheet with broccoli from oven and carefully push broccoli into four bunches). Return to top rack and roast until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, broccoli, and carrots between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.