Brown Sugar & Bacon Stuffed French Toast
with Cinnamon Maple Syrup & Fruit Salad
This French toast has super-cozy vibes: crunchy almonds, warming cinnamon, and rich maple syrup, but with a HF twist! Sourdough slices are spread with whipped brown sugar cream cheese, sandwiched with crispy bacon, dipped in a sweet, creamy egg mixture, pan-fried in butter, then baked until golden and custardy. Before serving, you’ll drizzle the plates generously with cinnamon-infused maple syrup, sprinkle with almonds, and serve it all with a fresh fruit salad. It’s a maple-solutely perfect brunch idea for the family (or a special brekkie just for two).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. • Heat a medium dry pan over medium high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out pan.
• While bacon cooks, wash and dry produce. • Halve grapes. Halve, core and dice apple into bite-size pieces. • In a medium bowl, combine grapes, apple, and jam; toss until fruit is coated. Set aside until ready to serve.
• Place cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until softened, 30-45 seconds. TIP: No microwave? No problem! Submerge closed cream cheese packets in a bowl of warm water to soften. • Whisk in brown sugar until no lumps remain.
• In a wide shallow bowl, whisk eggs*, half the milk, half the cinnamon, 1 TBSP white sugar, and a pinch of salt until well combined (all the milk and 2 TBSP white sugar for 4 servings). • Spread one side of each sourdough slice with cream cheese mixture. Top half the sourdough slices with bacon. Close sandwiches with remaining sourdough slices, coated sides down. • Wash out bowl used for cream cheese mixture.
• Heat a drizzle of oil and 1 TBSP butter in pan used for bacon over medium heat. • Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, gently flipping a few times to coat. • When butter begins to foam, add sandwiches to pan, letting excess egg mixture drip back into bowl. Cook, lightly pressing with a spatula, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. (Work in batches if necessary; wipe out pan and add more oil and butter between batches. The second batch may take less time.) • Transfer French toast to a lightly oiled baking sheet; bake on top rack until filling is custardy, 6-8 minutes.
• In bowl used for cream cheese mixture, combine maple syrup, remaining cinnamon, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings); cover with plastic wrap. • Microwave until butter has melted, 30-45 seconds. Carefully uncover and stir to combine.
• Halve French toast and divide between plates. Drizzle with cinnamon maple syrup and sprinkle with almonds. • Serve with fruit salad on the side.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.