Chicken and melted cheese is always a recipe for success. Chicken and melted cheese plus a rich gravy, however, is the ultimate comfort trifecta. Here, chicken is topped with an umami-packed mushroom gravy and melty Monterey Jack cheese. On the side, there’s creamy mashed potatoes and crispy roasted carrots for maximum deliciousness (and for catching any runoff sauce).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into 1-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tender, 25-30 minutes. • Meanwhile, dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces (peel first for a smoother texture). Place in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid; drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• While potatoes cook, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• Heat pot with drained potatoes over low heat; add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and half the sour cream (you’ll use the rest in the next step). • Mash potatoes until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and scallion whites; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter and remaining sour cream until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat pan with sauce over medium-low heat; add chicken and spoon sauce over top. Evenly sprinkle chicken with Monterey Jack. Cover pan until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. • Divide chicken, carrots, and potatoes between plates. Spoon remaining sauce over chicken and potatoes. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.