Indian-Style Chicken Curry
with Rice, Bell Pepper, Onion & Cilantro
Curries just have a special way of warming your heart and your belly, and this Indian-style chicken version is case in point. Chicken is cooked in earthy garam masala and creamy yogurt, then tossed with sautéed bell pepper, onion, garlic, and a deeply flavored curry sauce. Everything’s served over a bed of basmati, then sprinkled with cilantro and sliced chili pepper. Not so sure about the heat? Feel free to skip it altogether or slowly add it to your taste—just keep calm and curry on!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Curry Base Sauce
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• In a medium pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and finely dice onion. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Roughly chop cilantro. Thinly slice chili.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If needed, add a splash of water to help pepper and onion soften. • Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wash out pan.
• While veggies cook, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces. Add chicken, yogurt, half the garam masala (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper to a medium bowl and toss until evenly coated. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 2-4 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step). Reduce heat to medium.
• To the same pan, stir in curry sauce, paprika, stock concentrate, ½ cup water (1 cup for 4 servings), 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, stir in a splash of water. • Add veggies and sour cream; stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Divide between shallow bowls or plates. • Top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro and sliced chili if desired. Serve.