One-Pot Creamy Lemon-Dill Chicken Soup
with Couscous & Scallions
What’s the big dill with this soup? First of all, we believe dill is one of the most underrated flavors of all time. Pickles have their place, of course, but this herb also offers a natural citrus-like flavor with grassy undertones that shine when paired with a variety of flavors. The herb abounds in this lemony soup with tender poached chicken, celery, carrots, and toasted pearl couscous. Everything’s swirled with crème fraîche for a creamy-dreamy texture, then topped with our fave feathery herb that’s sure to turn you #TeamDill once and for all!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Place chicken* in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until mostly cooked through, 5-8 minutes (it’ll finish cooking later). • Turn off heat. Drain and transfer chicken to a cutting board; wipe out pot.
• While chicken cooks, wash and dry produce. • Peel, trim, and halve carrot lengthwise; thinly slice into half-moons. Halve celery lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon. Pick and finely chop fronds from dill.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-5 minutes. • Add garlic and scallion whites; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Stir in 3½ cups of water (6 cups for 4 servings), couscous, and stock concentrates, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook, covered, until couscous is tender, 7-9 minutes.
• Once chicken is cool enough to handle, using two forks, shred into bite-size pieces. Return chicken to pot with couscous (add chicken even if couscous is not done) until chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Remove pot from heat. • Stir in scallion greens, crème fraîche, lemon zest, and juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings). Season generously with salt (start with 1 tsp, then taste and add more from there if desired) and pepper.
• Divide soup between bowls; squeeze juice from remaining lemon over top and garnish with dill. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.