Surf’s Up Chicken & Rice Bowls
with Kiwi Salsa & Chipotle Lime Crema
Can’t get enough of sweet and savory flavor combos? These bowls are just the thing. Here, we sear chicken breast strips with a bevy of warming, smoky spices, then serve over scallion-flecked rice with a drizzle of chipotle lime crema. An easy kiwi and tomato salsa adds sweet, fresh contrast and bright color, taking the dish to the next level. One bite will have you totally BOWL-ed over.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chipotle Chili Powder
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice to coat, then add 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, finely dice tomato. Peel and finely dice kiwi. Zest and quarter lime.
• In a medium bowl, combine scallion greens, tomato, kiwi, and a big squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, and a pinch of chipotle powder to taste. (TIP: Like things spicy? Add more chipotle powder!) Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, Southwest Spice, and a pinch of chipotle powder if you like things spicy. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate, 2 TBSP water (3 TBSP water for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until liquid has reduced and chicken is coated and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with chicken and salsa. Drizzle with crema and serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.