Vegan Black Bean & Sweet Potato Jumble
with Cilantro Lime Rice, Vegan Crema & Tortilla Chips
If you’re in the market for a hearty, filling vegan dinner, we’ve got just the thing. Earthy sautéed mushrooms and tomato are tossed with hearty black beans and served with a colorful combo of roasted sweet potato and red onion alongside zesty cilantro rice. It’s all drizzled with a luscious vegan crema, and tortilla chips on the side for crunchy contrast. Top with fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and a drizzle of hot sauce to complete this satisfying plant-based plate.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges.
• Toss sweet potatoes and onion on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, Southwest Spice Blend, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until veggies are tender, 25-30 minutes.
• While veggies roast, in a small pot (medium pot for 4 servings), combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4), stock concentrate, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. • Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 6.
• Meanwhile, trim and quarter mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, tomato, a pinch of salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in beans and their liquid; cook until beans are warmed through, 2-3 minutes more.
• Add roasted veggies to pan with mushroom mixture; stir to combine. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in half the cilantro and as much lime zest as you like. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
• Divide rice and veggie jumble between shallow bowls in separate sections. Drizzle everything with crema; top with remaining cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and as much hot sauce as you like. • Serve with tortilla chips and remaining lime wedges on the side.