Springtime is here and we’re pouncing on the short and sweet asparagus season! And what better way to parade the farm-fresh flavor of these prized green stalks than on thin-crust pizzas? You'll make them from scratch with refrigerated pizza dough and a duo of luxe cheeses: mozzarella and its rich, cream-filled cousin, burrata. Truffle cream sauce and sautéed creminis offer rich, earthy aromas, while red grapes sweeten a peppery arugula side salad. All in all, it’s a lavish meal that’ll have you sprung for spring!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cheese Roux Concentrate(ContainsMilk)
Thin Crust Pizza Dough(ContainsWheat)
White Balsamic Vinegar
• Adjust rack to bottom position (bottom and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus; cut crosswise on a diagonal into 1½-inch-thick pieces and place in a medium bowl (large bowl for 4). Toss with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Halve grapes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened, 3-5 minutes (they’ll finish cooking in step 4). Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
• While mushrooms cook, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese roux, cream cheese, and 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir in as much truffle zest as you like (we used it all!) until smooth and combined.
• Open pizza dough; separate sheets at dotted line. (TIP: Use a knife to separate cleanly.) Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet (2 sheets for 4); gently stretch each dough sheet into a 6-by-9-inch rectangle. Spread with truffle sauce, leaving a ½-inch space around the edges. Top with half the mozzarella. Add mushrooms and asparagus in a layer; top with remaining mozzarella. • Bake on bottom rack until crust is crispy, cheese melts, and veggies are tender, 14-16 minutes. (For 4, bake on bottom and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through.)
• While pizzas bake, wash out pan used for mushrooms. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
• Wash out bowl used for truffle sauce. In bowl, combine half the vinegar (all for 4 servings), 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
• Wash out bowl used for asparagus. In bowl, toss arugula and grapes with as much dressing as you like. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle salad with almonds. • Quarter pizzas; halve quarters on a diagonal to create eight small slices per pizza. • Halve burrata and divide between pizzas. Top burrata with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Divide pizzas and salad between plates. Serve.