Balsamic Tomato Parmesan Risotto
with Basil Oil & Zucchini
What’s not to love about risotto? It’s luxurious and comforting—one of those dishes that never fails to satisfy. Risotto has the reputation of being labor intensive, but we’re here to dispel that rumor—ours couldn’t be easier to whip up! This version begins as classic as can be, with nutty Parmesan and rich stock. It’s then topped with tangy balsamic-glazed zucchini and grape tomatoes, two perfect contrasts to risotto’s creamy richness. For a finishing touch, everything receives a drizzle of basil-infused olive oil.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Tuscan Heat Spice
Not included in your delivery
• In a medium pot, combine 4 cups water (7 cups for 4 servings) and stock concentrates. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. • Wash and dry all produce. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add scallion whites; cook until softened, 1 minute. • Add rice and 2 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (4 tsp for 4 servings). (You’ll use the rest of the Tuscan Heat Spice in the next step.) Stir until rice is translucent, 1-2 minutes. • Add ½ cup stock; stir until liquid has mostly absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock—adding ½ cup at a time and stirring until liquid has mostly absorbed—until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, 25-30 minutes.
• Once risotto has cooked 20 minutes, trim and dice zucchini into ½-inch pieces. Halve tomatoes. • Heat 1 tsp basil oil (2 tsp for 4 servings) in a second large pan over medium-high heat. (Save the rest of the basil oil for serving.) • Add zucchini and remaining Tuscan Heat Spice. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, 4-6 minutes.
• Add tomatoes and half the vinegar (all for 4 servings) to pan with zucchini. Cook, stirring, until tomatoes have softened, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Once risotto is done, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving). Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide risotto between bowls. Top with veggies, scallion greens, and remaining Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining basil oil to taste and serve.