These smoky-sweet mini meatloaves are what happens when an all-American classic takes a trip down South and returns with down-home charm. Our chefs swapped beef for pork, added grated apple for a touch of sweetness, and glazed them with tangy BBQ sauce. The loaves are paired with garlic mashed potatoes made creamy and luscious thanks to potatoes’ BFFs butter and sour cream. There’s also a side of tender roasted green beans for good measure. Bless your heart, you’re about to have one heck of a good meal.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Ancho Chili Powder
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve and core apple; grate half the apple on the largest holes of a box grater. Add to a medium bowl and mix with panko. • 4 SERVINGS: Grate whole apple. • TIP: Squeeze out any excess moisture from grated apple before adding it to panko.
• Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with half the garlic cloves and enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes and garlic to pot. Cover to keep warm. • Meanwhile, grate or mince remaining garlic. • 4 SERVINGS: Add 2 cloves garlic to pot with potatoes.
• Add pork*, ¼ tsp chili powder (you’ll use more later), grated garlic, and Fry Seasoning to bowl with panko mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves. • Place on one side of a baking sheet. Bake on middle rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then). • 4 SERVINGS: Use ½ tsp chili powder. Form pork mixture into four 1-inch-tall loaves. Spread out across entire sheet. • TIP: Line sheet with parchment or foil before adding meatloaves for easier cleanup.
• While meatloaves roast, toss green beans in a second medium bowl with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Once meatloaves have baked 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Add green beans to empty side. Roast until meatloaves are cooked through and green beans are tender, 12-15 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Leave meatloaves roasting and add green beans to a second sheet; roast on top rack.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and ½ tsp chili powder (use the rest as you like). Season with salt and pepper. • Mash potatoes with sour cream and 2 TBSP butter, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter.
• In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, spoon or brush tops of meatloaves with BBQ sauce mixture. Return to oven until glaze is slightly sticky and meatloaves are cooked though. • Divide meatloaves, potatoes, and green beans between plates and serve.