BBQ Pork & Apple Meatloaves
with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Green Beans
These smoky-sweet mini meatloaves are what happens when an all-American classic takes a trip down South and returns with down-home charm. Our chefs swapped beef for pork, added grated apple for a touch of sweetness, and glazed them with tangy BBQ sauce. The loaves are paired with garlic mashed potatoes made creamy and luscious thanks to potatoes’ BFFs butter and sour cream. There’s also a side of tender roasted green beans for good measure. Bless your heart, you’re about to have one heck of a good meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Ancho Chili Powder
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position (middle and top positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve and core apple; grate half the apple (whole apple for 4) on the largest holes of a box grater, then add to a medium bowl. (TIP: Squeeze out any excess moisture from grated apple before mixing with panko.) Stir in panko until thoroughly combined. • Peel and halve garlic.
• Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with half the garlic and enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes and garlic to pot. Cover to keep warm. • Meanwhile, grate or mince remaining garlic.
• Add pork*, grated garlic, Fry Seasoning, and ¼ tsp chili powder (½ tsp for 4 servings) to bowl with panko mixture. (You’ll use more chili powder later.) Season generously with salt and pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • Place on one side of a baking sheet (for 4, spread out across entire sheet). (TIP: Line sheet with parchment or foil before adding meatloaves for easier cleanup.) Bake on middle rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• While meatloaves bake, toss green beans in a second medium bowl with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Once meatloaves have baked 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Add green beans to empty side. (For 4 servings, leave meatloaves roasting and add green beans to a second sheet; roast on top rack.) • Return to middle rack until meatloaves are cooked through and green beans are tender, 12-15 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and ½ tsp chili powder (be sure to measure). Season with salt and pepper. • Mash potatoes with sour cream and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings), adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.
• In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, carefully spoon or brush tops of meatloaves with BBQ glaze. Return to oven until glaze is slightly sticky and meatloaves are cooked through. • Divide meatloaves, potatoes, and green beans between plates. Serve.