Master the art of building the perfect burrito with this recipe. First, assemble your fillings—here, you’ve got fluffy cilantro lime rice, hearty spiced black beans and poblano, and Monterey Jack cheese. Next, get your salsas and condiments ready: smoky red pepper crema, refreshing pico de gallo, and guacamole. Now for the best part: stuffing the tortillas with just as much of each component as your heart desires, so you get a burrito that’s perfectly customized. Roll it all up, then dig into burrito bliss. Now THAT’S a wrap!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Southwest Spice Blend
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
• Wash and dry all produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until step 4.
• While rice cooks, halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP. Dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano crosswise into strips. • In a small bowl, combine minced onion, tomato, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Mince onion slices until you have 3 TBSP.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, and a pinch of salt; cook until veggies are browned and softened, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in beans and their liquid, stock concentrate, Southwest Spice, a big pinch of salt (we used ½ tsp kosher salt), and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp kosher salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and remaining cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. • Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Add 1/3 cup rice in a line to the bottom third of each tortilla. Top rice with ½ cup filling (you’ll have some left over—serve on the side!) and sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Add a dollop of smoky red pepper crema, a bit of pico de gallo, and half the guacamole (save the rest for serving). • Fold up bottom side of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form burritos. • TIP: For less mess, place each tortilla on a large piece of aluminum foil before rolling and wrap up with foil. Simply unwrap as you eat!
• Halve burritos on a diagonal; divide between plates with remaining rice, filling, smoky red pepper crema, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.