Cherry Balsamic Sirloin
with Herby Fingerling Potatoes & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Steak dinner as you know it has officially been fancified with French flavors. Le menu: Seared sirloin drizzled with a savory-sweet pan sauce. Roasted, Herbs de Provence-scented fingerlings. Tender Brussels sprouts and tangy, balsamic-roasted shallots. Beat that, Paris bistro!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Herbes de Provence
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to middle and top positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve potatoes lengthwise. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Herbes de Provence (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Use the rest of the Herbes de Provence as you like.) Arrange potatoes cut sides down.
• Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Toss on a piece of foil with a drizzle of olive oil, half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Cinch into a packet and place on sheet with potatoes. • Roast on middle rack until potatoes and shallot are tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Toss on a second baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange cut sides down. • Roast on top rack until tender and slightly crispy, 18-22 minutes.
• While veggies roast, pat steak* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, adding 1 TBSP butter to pan after flipping, 3-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add cherries and cook until slightly softened, 30 seconds. • Stir in jam, demi-glace, remaining vinegar, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and any resting juices from steak. Simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter until melted. Season with pepper.
• Toss together roasted Brussels sprouts and shallot (along with any roasting juices from foil packet). • Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Divide veggies, steak, and potatoes between plates. Top steak with pan sauce and serve.