Creamy Chicken Sausage & Kale Cavatappi
with Garlic, Lemon & Parmesan
A bowl of pasta never fails to satisfy—it’s quick, carby, comforting, and a terrific weeknight go-to. When you add sweet Italian chicken sausage, tender bites of garlicky kale, and Parmesan to the equation, you’ve reached another level of deliciousness entirely. Ready to enjoy bite after bite of twisty cavatappi pasta cloaked in a lemony, buttery cream sauce? We thought so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Cream Sauce Base
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Quarter lemon.
• Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water (1½ cups for 4 servings), then drain.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is mostly cooked through and onion is softened, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in kale and garlic; cook until sausage is cooked through and kale is wilted, 3-5 minutes. TIP: Add kale in batches if necessary.
• Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream sauce base, sour cream, stock concentrate, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a big squeeze of lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Reduce heat to low. Stir in drained cavatappi, half the Parmesan (use the rest for serving), 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.
• Divide pasta between bowls; top with remaining Parmesan. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.