A bowl of pasta never fails to satisfy—it’s quick, carby, comforting, and a terrific weeknight go-to. When you add sweet Italian chicken sausage, tender bites of garlicky kale, and Parmesan to the equation, you’ve reached another level of deliciousness entirely. Ready to enjoy bite after bite of twisty cavatappi pasta cloaked in a lemony, buttery cream sauce? We thought so.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces, if necessary. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Quarter lemon.
• Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water (1½ cups for 4 servings), then drain.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is mostly cooked through and onion is softened, 3-5 minutes. • Stir in kale and garlic; cook until kale is wilted, 3-5 minutes. TIP: Add kale in batches if necessary.
• Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream sauce base, sour cream, stock concentrate, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a big squeeze of lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Reduce heat to low. Stir in cavatappi, half the Parmesan, 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings), and another squeeze of lemon juice. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.
• Divide pasta between bowls; top with remaining Parmesan. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.