Curried Chicken Salad
with Golden Raisins, Spinach, Apple & Almonds
True story: Our chefs loved this chicken salad so much, they kept coming back for more! That’s why we’re sure you’ll be over the moon for this flavorful twist. Really, what’s not to love about tender shredded chicken breast in a creamy dressing tinged with a little curry powder? Toss in some crunchy apple, sweet golden raisins, and crisp almond slices, serve it all over lemony spinach leaves, and you’ll be doing a fist pump after every bite.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil (use a large pot for 4 servings). Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Quarter lemon. Halve, core, and dice apple into ½-inch pieces. TIP: Squeeze a little lemon juice over apple to prevent it from turning brown.
• Once water is boiling, add chicken* to pot. Boil until cooked through, 7-10 minutes. TIP: Slice chicken in half after removing from water. If it’s still pink inside, boil another few minutes until cooked through. • Transfer to a cutting board.
• While chicken cooks, place raisins in a small microwave-safe bowl; add enough water to cover. Microwave for 30 seconds, then drain. Remove raisins from bowl. • In same bowl, combine scallion whites and juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings). Set aside, stirring occasionally.
• Once chicken is cool enough to handle, using two forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces. • In a medium bowl (use large bowl for 4 servings), combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and half the curry powder (all for 4). Add shredded chicken, raisins, and scallion greens; stir to coat. Stir in scallion whites, reserving lemon juice in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
• To bowl with lemon juice, add mustard, 3 TBSP olive oil, and 1 tsp sugar (6 TBSP olive oil and 2 tsp sugar for 4 servings); whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a large bowl, toss spinach with dressing until coated. Season with a pinch of salt. Add apple and toss to combine. • Divide spinach salad between bowls. Top with chicken salad and sprinkle with almonds. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.