Greek Avocado Toast with Egg
with Cucumber Tomato Salad & Feta
For this colorful 15-minute riff on avocado toast, you’ll add sour cream to guacamole for a creamy sourdough topper. Next you’ll pile on a crisp, juicy cucumber and tomato salad, sprinkle with salty feta, then add the crowning glory: a perfectly poached egg. That’s just about the luckiest bread we can imagine.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. Trim and dice cucumber into ½-inch pieces. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl, combine vinaigrette and one packet sour cream (two packets for 4 servings). Stir in cucumber and tomato; season with salt and pepper to taste.
• In a second medium bowl, combine guacamole and remaining sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pour ½ cup water into each of two microwave-safe mugs. Microwave for 1 minute. Carefully crack one egg* into each mug and tightly cover mug with plastic wrap. Microwave until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked to preference, 50-60 seconds more (times may vary based on microwave power; if needed, continue to microwave in 10-second intervals until eggs reach desired doneness). Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer eggs to a paper-towel-lined plate; discard water. Season with salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, repeat to cook remaining eggs.)
• Toast sourdough until golden. Divide between plates; spread with creamy avocado sauce. Top with cucumber tomato salad, feta, and eggs. Serve.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.