Falling into a stir-fry rut with the same meat, veggie, and sauce combo each week? We’ve got you covered. This version stars ground pork, which we brown with long green pepper and pineapple, then coat in a delectably sweet, savory, and spicy hoisin and sriracha sauce. It’s all served over nutty black rice studded with sesame seeds and scallion greens, then drizzled with more sriracha for customizable heat. Dinner winner? We think so.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
Microwavable Black Rice
• Wash and dry all produce. • Core, deseed, and dice green pepper. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Meanwhile, drain pineapple over a small bowl, reserving juice. • To bowl with juice, whisk in hoisin, half the cornstarch (all for 4 servings), half the sriracha (save the rest for serving if desired), and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork* and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 3-4 minutes. TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out. • Push pork to one side of pan; add another drizzle of oil and green pepper to empty side. Cook, stirring, until green pepper is lightly browned and slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add scallion whites and pineapple to side of pan with green pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallion whites are slightly softened and pineapple is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes more.
• Pour hoisin sriracha mixture into pan with stir-fry; stir everything together until pork is cooked through and stir-fry is thoroughly combined and coated, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Add a splash of water of sauce is too thick. • Turn off heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper.
• Massage rice in package to break up grains. Partially open top of package. Microwave for 90 seconds, then carefully transfer rice to a medium bowl. • Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), scallion greens, and half the sesame seeds. Fluff with a fork and season with salt.
• Divide rice between bowls. Top with stir-fry. Drizzle with remaining sriracha if desired and sprinkle with as many remaining sesame seeds as you like. Serve.