Tender tortelloni are pretty much great in any form, but they’re especially great when packed with soft ricotta cheese. Add tender roasted bell pepper slices and a squeeze of bright, tangy lemon juice to the mix and you’ve got yourself a pasta night for the books. This divine dish is taken to the next level with a creamy, Parmesan-spiked sauce and a sprinkle of scallion greens. Be still, our pasta-loving hearts...
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cheese Tortelloni(ContainsWheat, Eggs, Milk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve bell pepper; remove stem and seeds. Place on a baking sheet; drizzle each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange cut sides down. • Roast on top rack until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While bell pepper roasts, trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring, 1 minute. • Add tomato; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add cream cheese and 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook until sauce has thickened, 2-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Once water is boiling, add tortelloni to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and floating to the top, 3-5 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• Transfer roasted bell pepper to a cutting board; thinly slice. • Heat pan with sauce over medium-low heat. Stir in drained tortelloni, sour cream, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and as much lemon zest and lemon juice as you like. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until cheese has melted and pasta is coated, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in sliced bell pepper. If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until tortelloni is coated in a creamy sauce.
• Divide tortelloni between bowls. Sprinkle with scallion greens and remaining Parmesan. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.