Pork Sausage Pesto Flatbreads
with Roma Tomato & Mozz
Tomato, mozzarella, and pesto. This is a classic combination for a reason: These ingredients taste amazing together! And that’s especially true for these quick and easy flatbreads that have juicy Italian sausage joining the party. This meal is as simple as baking the flatbreads till they’re crisp, spreading them with a creamy white sauce, then layering on marinated tomatoes and sausage slices. Dollop on some pesto, sprinkle with mozz, a quick trip in the oven, and boom! Dinner is ready. You’ll have plenty of extra time to enjoy that well-deserved glass of wine.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Pork Sausage
(Contains Wheat, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Finely dice tomatoes. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Place sausages* on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast on top rack, flipping halfway through, until cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
• While sausages cook, place tomatoes in a medium bowl; season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. • In a small microwave-safe bowl, add cream cheese, garlic, 3 TBSP water (¼ cup for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
• Once sausages are done, remove from baking sheet. Carefully transfer to a cutting board. • Wipe off any excess oil from sheet; place flatbreads on same sheet. Brush tops of each flatbread with a drizzle of olive oil. Toast on top rack until golden, 3-4 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 baking sheets; toast on top and middle racks.) • Meanwhile, thinly slice sausages on a diagonal.
• Once flatbreads are toasted, remove from oven; heat broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. • Carefully spread sauce over flatbreads; top with tomatoes to taste (draining first) and sausages. Dollop with pesto to taste. Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella. • Broil or bake until cheese melts and flatbreads are golden brown, 3-5 minutes. (For 4 servings, broil or bake in batches.) TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.
• Allow flatbreads to cool slightly, then slice each into quarters. Serve.