Portobello & Poblano Fajitas
with Pico de Gallo & Smoky Red Pepper Crema
What are ’shrooms doing in a fajita, you ask? Everything, we say! These fabulous funghi are the perfect way to make fajita night meatless (but just as satisfying). Portobellos, poblano pepper, and onion are sautéed with Southwest spices until tender and lightly charred, then blanketed in melty Mexican cheeses. And with the help of some of our favorite toppings—a refreshing homemade pico de gallo, plus a tangy red pepper crema—this recipe packs everything you could ever want inside steamy tortillas.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
(Contains Milk, Soy)
Southwest Spice Blend
Mexican Cheese Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Finely dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; finely chop a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Zest and quarter lime. Trim stems from portobello mushrooms; thinly slice into strips. Halve, core, and slice poblano into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine tomato, chopped onion, lime zest, and juice from half the lime. Season with salt and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine smoky red pepper crema with a squeeze of lime juice. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan (use a large, tall-sided pan for 4 servings) over medium heat. Add mushrooms and poblano and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
• Add a drizzle of oil, sliced onion, and half the Southwest Spice (all for 4 servings) to pan. Cook, stirring, until veggies are browned and very tender, 5-7 minutes more. Turn off heat.
• Evenly sprinkle Mexican cheese over veggie filling in pan; cover pan to melt cheese, 1-2 minutes. • Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates; fill with cheesy veggie filling, pico de gallo (draining first), and crema. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve on the side.