Southwestern Shrimp Tacos
with Pico de Gallo & Lime Crema
There are few things more satisfying than shrimp for dinner. These shellfish-loaded tacos are hearty, filling, and most of all: totally delicious. Tender bites of seared, Southwest-spiced shrimp are piled into warm tortillas along with a tangle of poblano and onion, fresh pico de gallo, and a drizzle of lime crema. Taco’bout a weeknight win!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Zest and quarter lime (for 4 servings, zest 1 lime and quarter both). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; finely dice a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Finely dice tomato. Halve, core, and slice poblano into ¼-inch-thick strips.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. • In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, Southwest Spice, and a squeeze of lime juice. Set aside.
• In a second medium bowl, combine diced onion, tomato, half the lime zest, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream with remaining lime zest. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add a large drizzle of oil and shrimp to pan. Cook until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Stir in juice from remaining lime wedges. Season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, about 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with shrimp and veggie filling. Top with pico de gallo and crema. Serve.