Speedy Refried Bean & Egg Burritos
with Pepper Jack & Hot Sauce
If you’re ready to break ties with cold cereal for breakfast or a soggy sandwich for lunch, this warm, delicious, and filling 15-minute vegetarian breakfast burrito is the answer! You’ll scramble eggs with crème fraîche, scallion, and tomato (all in your microwave!), then layer onto warm flour tortillas along with creamy refried black beans and zesty pepper jack cheese. Top with more fresh scallion and tomato, then drizzle with tangy hot sauce, roll ’em up and serve, or refrigerate them for tomorrow’s breakfast or lunch. They’re a perfectly portable meal to-go!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Old El Paso Refried Black Beans
Pepper Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Dice tomato into ¼-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice half the scallions (all for 4 servings).
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, whisk together crème fraîche and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy. (TIP: If mixture is too thick, add another splash of water.) Whisk in eggs* and ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4) until thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes.
• Add half the tomato and half the sliced scallions to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave, stirring halfway through, until eggs are puffed and cooked through, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Check eggs after 1 minute, then continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until done.
• While eggs cook, place each tortilla on a separate microwave-safe plate. Spread a thick layer of Old El Paso™ Refried Black Beans on the bottom two-thirds of each tortilla; evenly sprinkle with pepper jack. TIP: You may not use all the refried beans.
• Working in batches, microwave cheese-topped tortillas until beans are warmed through and cheese begins to melt, 40-60 seconds.
• Lay cheese-topped tortillas on a clean work surface. Carefully remove plastic wrap from bowl with scrambled eggs (bowl and contents will be hot!); divide eggs, remaining tomato, and remaining sliced scallions between tortillas; drizzle with as much hot sauce as you like.
• Fold up bottom side of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form burritos.
• Divide burritos between plates and serve.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.